Breaker Company Fined for Skip Fire Failings

a synchroscopeA breaker company in Surrey has been fined after a teenage worker was badly burned when a skip fire exploded. The worker was 15 at the time and he was engulfed by a fireball as he used petrol as an accelerant to burn some scrap car parts. He suffered serious burns to his face, neck, chest, and arms.

A second worker was also a teenager and he sustained minor flash burns in the incident at a site which belongs to Grublogger Ltd at Brookside Farm in Salfords near Redhill on the 24th of March 2012.

The Tadworth-based company, was prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) on July 22, 2013 after an investigation identified serious concerns with the systems and methods of work.

Click here to read more.

photo by: gb_packards

Please Post A Comment!

In a hurry or after hours?
Fill out the convenient contact form below
and we will get back to you ASAP!