Building Contractor Fined For Exposing Family to Carbon Monoxide

Apartment facadeMorris and Spottiswood Ltd, a building contractor based in Glasgow, has been fined for a series of errors. The worst part of the situation is that the company’s failings left a family exposed to carbon monoxide fumes.

According to Glasgow Sheriff Court, danger came to light in June of 2010 when the owner of a flat in Glenkirk Drive started worrying about her 10-year-old son experiencing headaches.

The mother, 30 years old, was pregnant with her second child when the incident occurred and suspected that the gas fire in her living room may have been the culprit. She then asked her friend, a registered Gas Safe engineer, to inspect the home.

Morris and Spottiswood Ltd was fined £60,000.

Click here for more of this news.

Please Post A Comment!

In a hurry or after hours?
Fill out the convenient contact form below
and we will get back to you ASAP!